from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that gains: a gainer of weight.
- n. Sports A dive in which the diver leaves the board facing forward, does a back somersault, and enters the water feet first.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who gains a profit or advantage.
- n. A diving (or gymnastics) maneuver (from a high-dive diving board or high diving platform) involving a simultaneous inversion and rotation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who gains.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who gains or obtains profit, interest, or advantage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a dive in which the diver throws the feet forward to complete a full backward somersault and enters the water feet first and facing away from the diving board
- n. a person who gains (gains an advantage or gains profits)
- n. a person who gains weight
Sorry, no etymologies found.