Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Act or fact: used of the commission of theft.
- n. That which is stolen; evidence of guilt found on an offender, as stolen goods.
- n. law, UK, obsolete A stolen article found on the person of the thief.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (O. Eng. Law) A thing stolen found on the person of the thief.
- Anglo-Norman meinoure, Old French manuevre. See maneuver and French main hand. (Wiktionary)
“• Contiguous to Mr* Allworthy's eftate, was the mainor of one of thofe gentlemen, who are called”
Looking for tweets for mainor.