from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of flowing out.
- n. Something that flows out or forth; an emanation: "tremendous emotional effluences that affected blocks of people at a time, causing them to walk faster” ( Coleman Dowell).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of flowing out.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A flowing out, or emanation.
- n. That which flows or issues from any body or substance; issue; efflux.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of flowing out; outflow; emanation.
- n. That which issues or flows out; an effiux; an emanation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process of flowing out
Sorry, no etymologies found.