from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The natural height of a human or animal in an upright position.
- n. An achieved level; status.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person or animal's natural height when standing upright
- n. respect coming from achievement or development
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The natural height of an animal body; -- generally used of the human body.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The natural height of an animal body; bodily tallness; sometimes, full height: generally used of the human body.
- n. A statue.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. high level of respect gained by impressive development or achievement
- n. (of a standing person) the distance from head to foot
Middle English, from Old French, from Latin statūra.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)