from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. one who snatches, or steals by snatching.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who snatches, or takes abruptly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who snatches, or takes suddenly or guiltily: as, a body-snatcher; specifically, formerly, in Scotland, a roving thief, especially one of a body of plunderers hanging upon a military force.
- n. plural In ornithology, specifically, birds of prey; the Raptores, See cuts under Raptores.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a thief who grabs and runs
- n. someone who unlawfully seizes and detains a victim (usually for ransom)
Sorry, no etymologies found.