from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of puff.
- n. An opinion or judgment, often made by the seller of property to a potential buyer, that is not made as a representation of fact.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a. & n. from puff, v. i. & t.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The practice of writing or publishing puffs, or uncritical or venal praises of another person's productions or wares.
- n. In costume, one or more ridges or ribs intended for ornament; ornamentation by means of such ridges. See puffed.
- n. In gasteromycetous fungi, the sudden discharging of a cloud of spores. See puffball.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. blowing tobacco smoke out into the air
- n. an act of forcible exhalation
Sorry, no etymologies found.