from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of pant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Breathing laboriously or convulsively.
- n. The act or process of breathing heavily, usually after exertion.
- n. Any fabric used to make trousers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The action of one who pants; hard and hurried breathing, with heaving of the breast or sides.
- n. In iron ship-building, a distortion with an inward and outward motion: said of flat areas of plating of a vessel, particularly at the bows, when insufficiently supported by the framing against the pressure of waves and water when the vessel is pitching.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any fabric used to make trousers
- n. breathing heavily (as after exertion)
Sorry, no etymologies found.