from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or condition of being absent without permission.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of shirking from responsibilities and duties – refers especially to school absentees.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of playing truant, or the state of being truant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Truant conduct; the habit or practice of playing truant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. failure to attend (especially school)
Sorry, no etymologies found.