from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Current, actual, occurring.
- n. An event, something that occurs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Occurring or happening; hence, incidental; accidental.
- n. One who meets; hence, an adversary.
- n. Anything that happens; an occurrence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That comes in the way; occurring; incidental.
- n. One who comes to meet or comes against another; especially, an antagonist; an adversary.
- n. Incident; anything that happens; happening; event; occurrence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an event that happens
- adj. presently occurring (either causally or incidentally)
From Middle French occurrent and its source, Latin occurrēns. (Wiktionary)