from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Political control by a mob.
- n. The mass of common people as the source of political control.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Rule or control by the mob (or by the mass of ordinary people); a mob as a politically powerful force.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A condition in which the lower classes of a nation control public affairs without respect to law, precedents, or vested rights.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Government by the mob or populaeo; ochlocracy; governing power exercised or controlled by the disorderly classes. Compare ochlocracy.
- n. The mob; the populace; the common crowd; the uneducated or lawless class in a community.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a political system in which a mob is the source of control; government by the masses
mob + -o- + -cracy. (Wiktionary)