from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Government by three people; a triumvirate.
- n. A country governed by three rulers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Government by three persons; a triumvirate.
- n. A country under three rulers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Government by three persons; a triumvirate; also, a country under three rulers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Rule by three persons; a three-headed government.
tri- + -archy (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.