American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The condition or quality of being a maiden; virginity.
- n. The hymen.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Virginity; maidenhood.
- n. Newness; freshness; incipiency; also, the first of a thing.
- n. The hymen or vaginal membrane, regarded as the physical proof of virginity.
- n. The first using of anything.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The state of being a maiden; maidenhood; virginity.
- n. obsolete The state of being unused or uncontaminated; freshness; purity.
- n. The hymen, or virginal membrane.
- n. a fold of tissue that partly covers the entrance to the vagina of a virgin
- From maiden + -head (Wiktionary)
- Middle English maidenhed : maiden, maid; see maiden + -hed, -hood. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Her loss of maidenhead as a sordid crime or the naiveté of a young woman in what she thought was love?”
“Her marriage bed would be christened by blood like in the days of old, but this time it would not be that of her maidenhead.”
“He made advances on every young female in the palace, no doubt remembering the days when they lined up to surrender their maidenhead to the heir to the throne.”
“She had even lost 1.6 pounds in the last 36 hours - the Nutella jar had been left untouched and a virgin box of Wheat Thins had yet to lose its maidenhead.”
“She tells him she wants him as her husband taking her maidenhead.”
“Will had the patience to be gentle with me my first time, and the experience to give me so much pleasure that I barely felt it when he took my maidenhead.”
“He went on to add, "My daughter is yours, Sir, her maidenhead intact.”
“He told me on the phone he'd be delighted to put your maidenhead on the block and that "bids could start around $50,000.”
“The Maid had lost her maidenhead and become a wanton, and soon Midsummer would arrive and the passes would open through the Ferinus.”
“That Princess Keros lost her maidenhead—supposing she still had it—to some sort of rumormonger, some singer?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘maidenhead’.
A collection of words about doing the nasty.
A sort of stuffie of words/phrases that include "head"
head of cattle, out of one's head, head of the stairs, come to a head, head of steam, head of the page, win by a head, head taller, headway, fountainhead, heads or tails, hit the nail on t... and 143 more...
Words that used far too commonly in fanfic, which I wouldn't notice if I didn't belong to so many sporking comms on LiveJournal.
Looking for tweets for maidenhead.