from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The ordinal number matching the number 60 in a series.
- n. One of 60 equal parts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. The ordinal form of the number sixty.
- n. The person or thing in the sixtieth position.
- n. One of sixty equal parts of a whole.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Next in order after the fifty-ninth.
- adj. Constituting or being one one of sixty equal parts into which anything is divided.
- n. The quotient of a unit divided by sixty; one of sixty equal parts forming a whole.
- n. The next in order after the fifty-ninth; the tenth after the fiftieth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Next in order after the fifty-ninth: an ordinal numeral.
- Being one of sixty equal parts in to which anything is divided.
- n. One of sixty equal parts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. the ordinal number of sixty in counting order
- n. one part in sixty equal parts
- n. position 60 in a countable series of things
Sorry, no etymologies found.