from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The ordinal number matching the number 50 in a series.
- n. One of 50 equal parts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. The ordinal form of the number fifty.
- n. The person or thing in the fiftieth position.
- n. One of fifty equal parts of a whole.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Next in order after the forty-ninth; -- the ordinal of fifty.
- adj. Consisting of one of fifty equal parts or divisions.
- n. One of fifty equal parts; the quotient of a unit divided by fifty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Next after the forty-ninth: an ordinal numeral.
- n. The quotient of unity divided by fifty; one of fifty equal parts of anything: as, twenty-four fiftieths of an estate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. position 50 in a countable series of things
- adj. the ordinal number of fifty in counting order
Sorry, no etymologies found.