from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The ordinal number matching the number 30 in a series.
- n. One of 30 equal parts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. The ordinal form of the number thirty.
- n. The person or thing in the thirtieth position.
- n. One of thirty equal parts of a whole.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Next in order after the twenty-ninth; the tenth after the twentieth; -- the ordinal of thirty.
- adj. Constituting or being one of thirty equal parts into which anything is divided.
- n. The quotient of a unit divided by thirty; one of thirty equal parts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Next after the twenty-ninth: an ordinal numeral.
- Constituting any one of thirty equal parts into which anything is divided.
- n. Any one of thirty equal parts into which anything is divided.
- n. In early English law, a thirtieth of the rents of the year, or of movables, or both, granted or levied by way of tax.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. position 30 in a countable series of things
- adj. coming next after the twenty-ninth in position
Sorry, no etymologies found.