from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the quality of being portable
- n. the ability of a program (or software system) to execute properly on multiple hardware platforms
- n. the ability of an employee to move between different social security schemes without losing their contributions
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being portable; fitness to be carried.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being portable; fitness to be carried; portableness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being light enough to be carried
Sorry, no etymologies found.