from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of being free of pathogenic microorganisms.
- n. The process of removing pathogenic microorganisms or protecting against infection by such organisms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being free from sepsis.
- n. The process of removing pathogenic organisms or protecting against such organisms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. State of being aseptic; the methods or processes of asepticizing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Absence of living germs of disease, putrefaction, or fermentation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (of non-living objects) the state of being free of pathogenic organisms
- n. the process of inhibiting the growth and multiplication of microorganisms
Sorry, no etymologies found.