from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Satisfaction, especially complacent satisfaction, with oneself or with one's accomplishments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A feeling of fulfillment or contentment with respect to one's own accomplishments or situation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being self-satisfied.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Satisfaction with one's own excellence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the feeling you have when you are satisfied with yourself
self- + satisfaction (Wiktionary)