from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of introverting or the condition of being introverted.
- n. Psychology The direction of or tendency to direct one's thoughts and feelings toward oneself.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act or process of introverting or the quality of being introverted; the quality of focusing on one's own interests, thoughts, and feelings
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of introverting, or the state of being introverted; the act of turning the mind inward.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of introverting, or the state of being introverted; a turning or directing inward, physical or mental.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the folding in of an outer layer so as to form a pocket in the surface
- n. (psychology) an introverted disposition; concern with one's own thoughts and feelings
- n. the condition of being folded inward or sheathed
Sorry, no etymologies found.