American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To put into final form; complete or conclude: "They have jointly agreed ... to drop all litigation when the merger is finalized” ( Springfield MA Union-News).
- v. transitive To make final or firm; to finish or complete.
- v. transitive, computing, programming To prepare (an object) for garbage collection by calling its finalizer.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. to put the last touches on; put into final form.
- v. make final; put the last touches on; put into final form
- From final + -ize. (Wiktionary)
“Yet the word finalize may be misleading; you are never truly finished with goal setting.”
“The Univar/Chemcentral deal-the combined company will have nearly $6 billion in sales-takes place after a year that saw Brenntag finalize its acquisition of Los Angeles Chemical after purchasing Quadra Chemical in the fall of 2005.”
“Non deterministic finalization means GC calls finalize method of object not right after object goes out of scope rather when GC got idle time to prioritize it.”
“I thought that even then you had to pass a VM arg to ask the GC to call finalize ... ugh.”
“Hunter College to 'finalize' my hiring package -- oh wait, it wasn't finalized. since I got sent up to HR, and the secretary still needs to write up an 'appointment letter,' and I also need a special Hunter ID even though I already have a GC ID, and there's another tax form.”
“Deep down, I guess I feel if I can just get through all the changes and augments, if I can just sort of kind of finalize one of these books, I can actually move on to *writing* the next one.”
“I think (this World Cup) could really kind of finalize some aspects of my career," Keller says.”
“He hated flying; hated the moth-eaten cap and scarf he'd unearthed for the trip; hated the child across the aisle whose wind-up helicopter kept spinning into our laps; hated the word "finalize," which the pilot had just used over the loudspeaker.”
“You can retrieve session data and add onto any multi-session discs, then "finalize" the disc for maximum archival compatibility.”
“It's also likely that they "finalize" (set recover flag to 0) the console at every boot because you always need to use power + eject.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘finalize’.
Use these and get promoted
Looking for tweets for finalize.