from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Examining closely or thoroughly; probing: a searching investigation of their past dealings.
- adj. Keenly observant: searching insights.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of search.
- adj. Thorough.
- n. search; hunt
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Exploring thoroughly; scrutinizing; penetrating; trying.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Engaged in seeking, exploring, investigating, or examining: as, a searching party.
- Keen; penetrating; close: as, a searching discourse; a searching wind; a searching investigation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having keenness and forcefulness and penetration in thought, expression, or intellect
- adj. exploring thoroughly
- adj. diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation
Sorry, no etymologies found.