from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Insistently or impertinently curious or inquisitive: ignored the prying journalists' questions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of pry.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Inspecting closely or impertinently.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Peeping; peering; looking closely into anything; hence, inquisitive; curious.
- Synonyms Inquisitive, etc. See curious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. offensive inquisitiveness
- adj. offensively curious or inquisitive
Sorry, no etymologies found.