from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Demanding or requiring action or attention: a crying need.
- adj. Abominable; reprehensible: a crying shame.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That demands action or attention.
- adj. That deserves rebuke or censure.
- n. Action of the verb to cry.
- v. Present participle of cry.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Calling for notice; compelling attention; notorious; heinous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Demanding attention or remedy; notorious; unendurable.
- Melancholy; lamenting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process of shedding tears (usually accompanied by sobs or other inarticulate sounds)
- adj. demanding attention
- adj. conspicuously and outrageously bad or reprehensible
cry + -ing (Wiktionary)