from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Distribution or arrangement of a system of veins, as in a leaf blade or the wing of an insect.
- n. The veins of such a system considered as a group.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of having veins, or the pattern of veins or vein-like structures within a larger entity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The arrangement or system of veins, as in the wing of an insect, or in the leaves of a plant. See Illust. in Appendix.
- n. The act or art of hunting, or the state of being hunted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art or practice of hunting; pursuit of game.
- n. The state of being hunted.
- n. In botany, the manner in which veins or nerves are distributed in the blade of a leaf or other expanded organ. See nervation.
- n. In entomology: The mode or system of distribution of the veins of the wings, These veins or nervures, collectively considered as to their arrangement. See vein, 3, and cut under nervure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (botany) the arrangement of veins in a leaf
- n. (zoology) the system of venous blood vessels in an animal
Sorry, no etymologies found.