from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of being serrate.
- n. A series or set of teeth or notches.
- n. A single tooth or notch in a serrate edge.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being serrated
- n. A set of teeth or notches
- n. One of the teeth in a serrated or serrate edge
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Condition of being serrate; formation in the shape of a saw.
- n. One of the teeth in a serrate or serrulate margin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being serrate; a serrated condition; formation in the shape of the edge of a saw.
- n. In zoöl., anat., and botany:
- n. A serra; a formation like a saw in respect of its teeth; a set or series of saw-like teeth. See cuts under Priacanthus and serratirostral.
- n. One of a set of serrate or dentate processes: as, one of the nine serrations of the serratus magnus muscle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a single notch in a row of notches
- n. a row of notches
- n. the condition of being serrated
Sorry, no etymologies found.