from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of emerging; emergence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. emergence, especially from the water
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of emerging, or of rising out of anything
- n. The reappearance of a heavenly body after an eclipse or occultation
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of emerging; emergence: chiefly used in contrast with immersion, etc.
- n. In astron.: The reappearance of a heavenly body after an eclipse or occultation; also, the time of reappearance: as, the emersion of the moon from the shadow of the earth; the emersion of a star from behind the moon.
- n. The heliacal rising of a star—that is, its reappearance just before sunrise after conjunction with the sun.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (astronomy) the reappearance of a celestial body after an eclipse
- n. the act of emerging
The effort is a seven-day boot camp and emersion program that will bring ten young Japanese entrepreneurs to the Bay Area.
Juaquin packed all the stuff he agreed to ship home for us like the juicer and the strainer and the emersion blender, and I crammed everything I could into our luggage including the new Tony Lama boots and the books and the medications, and the everything, including Valentine Tiger.
Cooking lessons, cultural emersion, relaxed atmosphere and fresh food all for $16 a family?
I know one guy who actually put a steerable camera on his plane and used a VR helmet, the emersion was incredible.
Reading the books like the classic Between Pacific Tides of Ricketts et al. certainly helps, but mostly in an abstract sense; one needs to be at a coast right at the edge of the sea during both high and low tides and to pay attention to the creatures both during immersion and emersion to begin to acquire a slight understanding of how the intertidal ecosystems may have evolved and how they continue to function.
Each night I went down to the main stage to survey the scene, grab a few drinks, dance like a crazy person for about an hour and call it a night, which worked out perfectly, because full emersion into my surroundings might have eliminated the chances of making it to yoga at all the next day.
Talk about an opportunity for emersion, it was a given!
Spanish Emersion Schools: I'm looking into a Spring Break vacation with my 14 year old daughter and was wondering about the many spanish emersion programs in Central America.
So then I asked the emersion blender, I mean God, "What about that Ted Haggard guy?"
I was mixing chocolate milk this morning and God spoke to me through the emersion blender.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.