from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of all possible outcomes being equally likely.
- n. A type of circumstance or event that is described by a probability distribution.
- n. A measure of the lack of purpose, logic, or objectivity of an event.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of lacking any predictable order or plan
- n. (thermodynamics) a thermodynamic quantity representing the amount of energy in a system that is no longer available for doing mechanical work
random + -ness (Wiktionary)