from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To confuse; perplex. See Synonyms at confuse.
- transitive v. To stupefy with or as if with alcoholic drink.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to perplex or confuse (someone)
- v. to stupefy someone, especially with alcohol
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To becloud and confuse, as with liquor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To stupefy or muddle with intoxicants; make stupidly drunk.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make stupid with alcohol
- v. be confusing or perplexing to; cause to be unable to think clearly
Sorry, no etymologies found.