from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of making sweet.
- n. Something that sweetens; a sweetener.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. See long sweetening and short sweetening.
- n. A sweetener.
- v. Present participle of sweeten.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of making sweet.
- n. That which sweetens.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which sweetens; a substance, as sugar, used to sweeten something.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an improvement that makes something more agreeable
- n. the act of adding a sweetener to food
- n. something added to foods to make them taste sweeter
Sorry, no etymologies found.