from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Pleasing; agreeable: "Reading requires an effort.... Print is not as ingratiating as television” ( Robert MacNeil).
- adj. Calculated to please or win favor: an unctuous, ingratiating manner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Which ingratiates; which attempts to bring oneself into the favour of another. The implication is often of flattery or insincerity.
- v. Present participle of ingratiate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. capable of winning favor.
- adj. calculated to please or gain favor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. calculated to please or gain favor
- adj. capable of winning favor
Sorry, no etymologies found.