from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of grovel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Lying prone; low; debased; submissive in a self-abasing manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Face downward, in a prone or prostrate position.
- Lying with the face downward; lying prone; crawling; abject.
- Mean; low; without dignity or respect.
- Synonyms Abject, Low, Mean, etc. See abject.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. totally submissive
Sorry, no etymologies found.