from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A variant of time-serving.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Obsequiously complying with the spirit of the times, or the humors of those in power.
- n. An obsequious compliance with the spirit of the times, or the humors of those in power, which implies a surrender of one's independence, and sometimes of one's integrity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An acting conformably to times and seasons; now, usually, an obsequious compliance with the humors of men in power, which implies a surrender of one's independence, and sometimes of one's integrity.
- Characterized by an obsequious or too ready compliance with the times, and especially with the will or humors of those in authority; obsequious; truckling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. taking immediate advantage, often unethically, of any circumstance of possible benefit
Sorry, no etymologies found.