American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An advance showing, as of a movie or art exhibition, to which a selected audience is invited before public presentation begins.
- n. An advance viewing or exhibition, especially the presentation of several scenes advertising a forthcoming movie; a trailer.
- n. An introductory or preliminary message, sample, or overview; a foretaste.
- v. To view or exhibit in advance.
- v. To provide a preliminary sample or overview of: The professor previewed the course for us.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To see beforehand.
- n. A foretaste of something.
- n. colloquial An advance showing of a film, exhibition etc.
- n. Something seen in advance.
- v. To show or watch something, or part of it, before it is complete.
- v. watch (a movie or play) before it is released to the general public
- n. a screening for a select audience in advance of release for the general public
- n. an advertisement consisting of short scenes from a motion picture that will appear in the near future
- Old French preveu, past participle of preveoir ("to foresee"). See pre- + view. (Wiktionary)
“We've chosen the term preview edition to reflect that GlobeReader is a brand new product for us, and to a large degree the industry, which we will continually improve based upon reader feedback.”
“In addition to the label preview, the screen also displays a variety of other useful information, including media and battery status indicators and material and ribbon part numbers.”
“If the preview is any indication, the local version of the popular UK program should make for entertaining viewing.”
“If this preview is any indication, the answers a resounding YES!”
“True Story: The greatest thing about this preview is the football scenes were filmed less than ten minutes from where I live.”
“Oh, wait ... maybe the preview is a bit misleading.”
“Also, a standard UTF-8 set of proofreading symbols until such time as preview is implemented.”
“I tried to embed it here (it worked in preview and everything), but for some reason it's not letting me.”
“This "Thor: Tales of Asgard" preview is a special feature on the "Planet Hulk" DVD and Blu-Ray, available now.”
“Of course, the staples will remain: Anime season previews (Summer preview is in the works), anime series overviews, OP/ED themes posts, first impressions, and random babbles.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘preview’.
"Wow, we really have run out of names."
Codenames of superheroes, supervillains, etc. (that are actual words, or unique spellings of actual words).
Vocab for HCMS 7th grade
Looking for tweets for preview.