from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of replaying a newly made audio or video recording, as to monitor quality.
- n. A method of or an apparatus for reproducing sound recordings: "switches on the playback of a telephone-answering machine” ( Vanity Fair).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The replaying of previously recorded sound or moving images.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. electronic equipment comprising the part of a tape recorder that reproduces the recorded material
- n. the act of reproducing recorded sound
Sorry, no etymologies found.