from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A demonstration, as of a product or service.
- n. A brief tape or recording illustrating the abilities of a musician or other performer.
- n. Informal A product, such as an automobile, used for demonstration and often sold later at a discount.
- n. Informal Demolition.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- abbr. demonstrate
- abbr. democrat
- abbr. demographic (noun)
- abbr. demolition
- n. a brief demonstration or visual explanation
- n. a recording of a song meant to demonstrate its overall sound for the purpose of getting it published or recorded more fully
- n. an example of a product used for demonstration and then sold at a discount
- n. a march or gathering to make a political protest
- n. An edition of limited functionality to give the user an example of how the program works.
- n. a non-interactive audiovisual computer program developed by enthusiasts to demonstrate the capabilities of the machine (see demoscene)
- v. To record a demo version of a song, usually not intended for commercial release.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a visual presentation showing how something works
- v. give an exhibition of to an interested audience
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Hi everyone, perhaps my question seems a little bit stupid, but it puzzles me a lot. pls look at the code below: var Cc = Components. classes; var Ci = Components. interfaces; var demoid = "@demo. org / ns / demo; 1"; var comcc = Cc [demoid]; var comin = comcc. createInstance (Ci. idemo);
It reminds you that his demo is the classic version of That's Entertainment.
Today musicians use what they call demo tapes that are mailed out to record companies or music publishers in hopes of selling their work.
5. If you write the word demo in a circle, then you can make a word starting from any one of the four letters: demo, em, mode, and ode.
Pedro tells us that 3 students were arrested yesterday in demo on Justice.
Well, it looks like the viewers agree with ME considering the show last night hit a SEASON LOW in the ratings …. .and the most embarassing part is that GG actually * dropped* in viewers & demo from the (equally as awful) “One Tree Hill”
Um, the inFAMOUS demo is really good, but it's pretty easy to die.
I think the reason I didn't like the demo is because of the learning curve.
The final climactic demo is now down to two and a half minutes.
Still, CBS tied with Fox for the win, thanks to Survivor: Nicaragua (11.8 million viewers), which was up 3 percent in the demo from the previous week, and Criminal Minds (13.7 million viewers), which fell only slightly.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.