from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A demonstration, as of a product or service.
- n. A brief tape or recording illustrating the abilities of a musician or other performer.
- n. Informal A product, such as an automobile, used for demonstration and often sold later at a discount.
- n. Informal Demolition.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- abbr. demonstrate
- abbr. democrat
- abbr. demographic (noun)
- abbr. demolition
- n. a brief demonstration or visual explanation
- n. a recording of a song meant to demonstrate its overall sound for the purpose of getting it published or recorded more fully
- n. an example of a product used for demonstration and then sold at a discount
- n. a march or gathering to make a political protest
- n. An edition of limited functionality to give the user an example of how the program works.
- n. a non-interactive audiovisual computer program developed by enthusiasts to demonstrate the capabilities of the machine (see demoscene)
- v. To record a demo version of a song, usually not intended for commercial release.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a visual presentation showing how something works
- v. give an exhibition of to an interested audience
Sorry, no etymologies found.