from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A device that circulates fresh air and expels stale or foul air.
- n. Medicine A respirator.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device that circulates fresh air and expels stale or noxious air
- n. A respirator
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A contrivance for effecting ventilation; especially, a contrivance or machine for drawing off or expelling foul or stagnant air from any place or apartment, or for introducing that which is fresh and pure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which ventilates
- n. One who or that which brings some matter to public notice, as a speaker or a newspaper.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a device that facilitates breathing in cases of respiratory failure
- n. a device (such as a fan) that introduces fresh air or expels foul air
Sorry, no etymologies found.