from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that aerates, as a machine for aerating turf or a device for aerating liquids.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device which mixes air with a substance, particularly soil or a liquid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which supplies with air or gas.
- n. An apparatus used for charging mineral waters with gas and in making soda water.
- n. A fumigator used to bleach grain, destroying fungi and insects.
- n. an apparatus for exposing something to the air (as sewage).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A blower; a contrivance for fumigating wheat and other grain, to bleach it and destroy fungi and insects.
- n. An apparatus for forcing air or carbonic-acid gas into water or other liquids.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an apparatus for exposing something to the air (as sewage)
Sorry, no etymologies found.