from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A passageway or shaft in which air circulates, as in ventilating a mine.
- n. A covered, self-propelled passageway used for airline passenger and crew embarkation and debarkation at airport terminal gates.
- n. See air lane.
- n. See airline.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The trachea.
- n. A flight path used by aeroplanes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a passage for a current of air; as the air way of an air pump; an air way in a mine.
- n. a duct that provides ventilation, as in mines.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any passage in a mine used for purposes of ventilation; an air-course.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the passages through which air enters and leaves the body
- n. a duct that provides ventilation (as in mines)
- n. a commercial enterprise that provides scheduled flights for passengers
- n. a designated route followed by airplanes in flying from one airport to another
Sorry, no etymologies found.