from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See trachea.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The trachea.
- n. Any duct for air or other gas.
- n. A section of road or bridleway which has a reputation for having strong crosswinds or localized wind swirls.
- n. The anus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The passage for the breath from the larynx to the lungs; the trachea; the weasand. See Illust. under lung.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The tube passing from the larynx to the division of the bronchi which conveys the air in respiration to and from the lungs. See trachea, and cut under mouth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. membranous tube with cartilaginous rings that conveys inhaled air from the larynx to the bronchi
Sorry, no etymologies found.