Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A place or an apparatus for boiling.
- n. A salt-house or place for evaporating brine.
- n. In law, water arising from a salt-well belonging to one who is not the owner of the soil.
- n. Also boilary.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A place and apparatus for boiling, as for evaporating brine in salt making.
- Compare French bouillerie. (Wiktionary)
“Let a man succeed in art, and he will be paid one or two thousand pounds apiece for his most "pot-boilery" portraits.”
“The wind, the night before, had blown down twenty apple trees into the farmyard, overturned the boilery, and carried away the roof of the barn.”
“All the appointments, from the carthouse to the boilery, stood in need of repair.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘boilery’.
Words and phrases that have "oil" in them.
Looking for tweets for boilery.