from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A place and apparatus for boiling, as for evaporating brine in the manufacture of salt.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A place and apparatus for boiling, as for evaporating brine in salt making.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A place or an apparatus for boiling.
- n. A salt-house or place for evaporating brine.
- n. In law, water arising from a salt-well belonging to one who is not the owner of the soil.
- n. Also boilary.
Compare French bouillerie. (Wiktionary)