from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An oblong basketlike bed for an infant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A newborn baby's bed, typically made of woven reeds or straw.
- n. A bascinet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A wicker basket, with a covering or hood over one end, in which young children are placed as in a cradle.
- n. See Bascinet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as basinet.
- n. A wicker basket with a covering or hood over one end, serving as a cradle for young children.
- n. A name given to several common European species of Ranunculus.
- n. The pan of a harquebuse or musket. See pan.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a perambulator that resembles a bassinet
- n. a basket (usually hooded) used as a baby's bed
French, small basin, diminutive of bassin, basin, from Old French bacin; see basin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French bercelonette, a doubled diminutive of berceau ("cradle"), influenced by bassin ("basin") (Wiktionary)