from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Work paid for according to the number of units turned out.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of piece work.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Work done by the piece or job; work paid for at a rate based on the amount of work done, rather than on the time employed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Work done and paid for by measure of quantity, or by previous estimate and agreement, in contradistinction to work done and paid for by measure of time.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. work paid for according to the quantity produced
Sorry, no etymologies found.