from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The practice of traveling for pleasure.
- n. The business of providing tours and services for tourists.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of travelling or sightseeing, particularly away from one's home.
- n. Collectively, the tourists visiting a place or landmark.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Traveling for pleasure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the business of providing services to tourists
From tour + -ism. (Wiktionary)