from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A wood or forest with green foliage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A forest in full leaf, as in summer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A forest as it appears in spring and summer.
- adj. Pertaining to a greenwood.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A wood or forest when green, as in summer.
- n. Wood which has acquired a green tint under the pathological influence of the fungus Peziza.
- n. Same as green-broom.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. woodlands in full leaf
From green + wood. (Wiktionary)