from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Slang Wild and dense brush; jungle.
- n.pl. Slang Rural country; the backwoods.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A very rural location or town.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a remote and undeveloped area; -- sometimes used deprecatingly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a remote and undeveloped area
From Tagalog bundok, mountain.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
1910s, Tagalog bundok ("mountain"), adopted by American troops, reinforced or re-adopted during World War II. (Wiktionary)