from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Not anywhere.
- adv. To no place or result: protested the ruling but got nowhere.
- n. A remote or unknown place: a cabin in the middle of nowhere.
- n. A state of nonexistence: an idea that came out of nowhere.
- idiom miles from nowhere In a very remote place.
- idiom nowhere near Not nearly: has nowhere near enough money to buy a house.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In no place.
- adv. To no place.
- n. No particular place, noplace.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Not anywhere; not in any place or state.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not in any situation or state; in no place; not anywhere; by extension, at no time.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an insignificant place
- adv. not anywhere; in or at or to no place
no + where (Wiktionary)