from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Out to or in remote rural country, especially in Australia or New Zealand.
- n. The remote rural part of a country especially of Australia or New Zealand.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The most remote and desolate areas of Australia; the desert and areas too arid for growing crops.
- adj. Characteristic of the most remote and desolate areas of Australia; very remote from urban areas.
- adv. To or towards the most remote and desolate areas of Australia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The remote bush country of Australia.
- adj. same as out-of-the-way.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the bush country of the interior of Australia
- adj. inaccessible and sparsely populated
From out + back. (Wiktionary)