from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. To, in, or at any place.
- adv. To any extent or degree; at all: The project isn't anywhere near completion.
- adv. Used to indicate limits of variation: Anywhere from 300 to 400 patients suffered secondary infections.
- n. Any place whatsoever.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In or at any location or an unknown location.
- adv. To (in the direction of) any location or an unknown location.
- pro. Any location or an unknown location.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In any place.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In, at, or to any place: as, to be or to go anywhere.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. at or in or to any place
For some Twitter users Tuesday, anywhere they went on Twitter, they were bounced by the mysterious "@anywhere boosh."
Forrester Research analyst Augie Ray thinks @anywhere could let Twitter be "anywhere you are" and thus pull away from competitors that also want to be providers of real-time updates.
Given Twitter's immense power as a distribution channel, we imagine that @anywhere will become a popular additive and that we'll soon start to see Twitter anywhere and everywhere.
"My wish is to be anywhere with you, papa; _anywhere_ -- even though you may feel me an incumbrance.
In displaying the name of a book's co-author, publishers have four choices: don't show the name anywhere in or on the book; show it only on the book's copyright page; show it on the book's cover in such a way that it reads Author with Co-Author; or show it on the book's cover so that it reads Author and Co-Author.
To get parking during the term anywhere near my office, I have to be in the lot by 8am.
Taking an overnight train anywhere is romantic, right?
“You better not mention her name anywhere near Uncle Jacob,” I warned her bitterly.
It depends what kind of artist you wanna be but I don't want my name anywhere near another brand.
Its that song at the end of episode 23 Where its a woman singning Its a slow song its lovely but i cant seem to find the title anywhere PLEASE HELPP Im trying to look for it but no luck
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.