from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A thorough cleaning or ordering.
- n. Informal The final, often routine tasks that complete a project.
- n. Slang A very large profit; a killing.
- n. Baseball The fourth position on a team's batting order, usually reserved for a strong hitter who can drive in extra runs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of cleaning or tidying something.
- adj. to bat fourth in the batting order
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a very large profit
- n. (baseball) the fourth position in the batting order (usually filled by the best batter on the team)
- n. the act of making something clean
Sorry, no etymologies found.