from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of disk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A thin, flat, circular plate or similar object.
- n. An intervertebral disc.
- n. Something resembling a disc.
- n. A vinyl phonograph / gramophone record.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A flat round plate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See disk.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a flat circular plate
- n. something with a round shape resembling a flat circular plate
- n. (computer science) a memory device consisting of a flat disk covered with a magnetic coating on which information is stored
- n. sound recording consisting of a disk with a continuous groove; used to reproduce music by rotating while a phonograph needle tracks in the groove
Latin discus through French disque (Wiktionary)